Who is a Prostitute? – Hello, friends, it`s time to be a little bit SILLY. Prove now that you know what you say by saying what you know. I want us to reason this out. There are so many words we use but don`t actually know.
It may rather be to us as was the misfortune of St. Augustine, that we know these words only before we have not been asked to explain them. So, today I want `WE` to tell `US` what the word `PROSTITUTE` actually means. Like;
WHAT ACTUALLY MAKES A PROSTITUTE???
Silly question right?
But let`s look at this. A prostitute is:
#1. A woman, or other person, who performs a sexual activity for payment.
Here we have SEX and PAYMENT. This in essence would include
- A female who agrees to sleep (SEX) with a male so that her bride price can be paid ( PAYMENT)
- A wife asking her husband for money to fix her hair before he will be allowed to feast on her thighs.
- A mother who accepted a sex proposal from her husband`s friend just to pay her husband`s debt.
- A person who had sex with a landlord or landlady to clear rent.
- A person who had Sex to keep a job.
Are all of these people prostitutes???
If yes, it means that it doesn`t matter the number of times it was done. Oh oh oh. I was thinking the number of times also counts. Look at this… A Prostitute could be also:
#2. A woman, or other person, who is perceived as engaging in sexual activity with many people. Waooo. You see not just the number of times but also the number of persons. Here we have MANY PEOPLE. This is rather not clear because I really cannot tell what number qualifies as many. If many means from 2 above, then, This will include:
- A person with or has to be with more than one wife (girlfriend) or husband (boyfriend).
- A person who has been raped by different other persons.
- A madwoman with whom unknown men usually come to take turns.
- A person that has had so many failed relationships.
Paying attention to both Nos. 1 & 2 definitions of PROSTITUTE, we can discover that two phrases seem to be strongly involved in the making of a prostitute.
The two phrases involved in the making of a prostitute
1. Sex for payment
2. Sex with many – This is to say that to qualify as a prostitute, it is either you have had sex with many of you had it for payment. The combination of the two is more than a qualification. Looking at the above examples under either of NO. 1 or 2, it becomes almost impossible for anyone who has had sex not to qualify as a prostitute.
So at this juncture, you should ask yourself what you intend to communicate when you decide to tag someone as a prostitute. The silly question still stands. What Makes a Prostitute???
Maybe all are prostitutes or none is??? you tell us..
Categories: Life & Meaning
This content is published by one of nTells Team Members.
The information provided by nTells, her members or on any external link are for general informational purposes only. All information here are provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information here.
Under no circumstance shall we have any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of our platform or reliance on any information provided. Your use of our platform and your reliance on any information here is solely at your own risk - Add Yours