The Impacts of Music on Human Life
Music has been called language of emotions. Therefore, music is an art form whose medium is sound organized in time. Music is regarded as the art of making pleasing combination of sounds, when we sing, dance, play musical instrument or involved in musical activities.
Hence, music is life and life is music. no life is complete without music, there is music for all human endeavours of man in all ramification. No society or ethnic group can do without music.
The word music is derived from greek word called MOUSIKE, the creation, performance, significance, and even the definition of music vary according to culture and social context. Below are some uses of music;
1. FESTIVAL: Music is used during festivals like fighting festival, festival of art and culture e t c.
2. CEREMONIES: We use music in ceremonies like marriage, birthday celebration, burial.
3. SPORTS: Music is used in sporting events like wrestling, football matches, eg fans playing music to motivate their players and celebrating for goals scored.
4. EXERCISES: It is used for exercises like military parade and calisthenics.
5. RELIGIOUS WORSHIP: Music is used for religious worships is churches, temples, mosques and in schools.
6. FOR HEALING: Music is used for healing therapy. it is used for curing certain types of illness like mental disorder.
7. LULLABY: Music is used to send babies to sleep.
8. ADVERTISEMENT: Music is used for advertisement in the television, radios or anywhere.
9. TEACHING AND LEARNING: We use music in teaching pupils in schools. it is part of child`s play. it helps them to memorize names of things.
10. EXPRESSING HUMAN FEELINGS: Music is used in expressing your feelings of joy, grief or sorrow, love or hatred, amusement....and so on.
Common elements of music are: pitch, tempo, duration, metre, rhythm, melody, qualities, time, intensity, dynamic, harmony.
- ADVERTISEMENT -
SOME QUALITIES OF GOOD MUSIC
- Musical sounds are regular and definite.
- Musical sounds are organized in an artistic manner.
- Music must be enjoyable and pleasing to the ear.
IMPACTS OF MUSIC ON HUMAN LIFE
The impact music has on human life cannot be over emphasized. music has a great influence on man. The type of music you listen to is capable of molding your life or mar it. Music is a very powerful tool in making man, that is why some people have a particular musician their mentor. They pattern their lives after such musicians , some see certain musician as their hero or idol.
Also Read The Value of a Man
Please share this page
Comment below and tell the world
- Title The Impacts of Music on Human Life
- Category Health & Wellness
- Posted on 2020/07/27 08:21
- By Jessica Queens
529 Audience Reached
Last Edited 16th January 2021 02:14:34 AM
- View Comment (0)
SERVICE Okeakpu Grace ..more
SERVICE Ken Asika ..more
SERVICE Loveth Obi ..more
SERVICE Peter Nduka ..more
SERVICE KASARACHI FAVOUR ..more
What's Your Opinion on The Impacts of Music on Human Life.. reply
We are the number one lifestyle, educational, advertising, web and graphic designs platform. Our mission as part of our many unending visions to leave the world better than we've found it, we work hard to provide relevant information, to make every organisation and individual unique with their content and products. moreJoin us
COMPUTER TRAININGEnroll now for nTells ICT Training
The Famous Hea..
We rely on advertising to provide you with free content!
Please allow cookies in your browser settings for smooth
functioning of the platform.
accordance with your browser settings, and
to help us better understand how you use our website.
By not taking action, or continuing to site, you indicate your agreement.
Support our works on nTells
We depend on your support to operate.
Help us create a more trustworthy Internet with good information!