Our website is supported by its audience. When you purchase or click through some links on our platform, we may earn an affiliate commission. ..Learn more
ARTICLE Allow your being ..more
ARTICLE Intuition iii ..more
To develop a website, before building a website for the first time, one has to understand the different types of website, what the internet is, how website connects, and the process of designing it.
A website is a representation of an online office. A website is also known as a web presence. It is also a related collection of World Wide Web (www) files that include a beginning file called a homepage.
Here are some types of websites you should know.
1. Blog Websites
2. Personal Websites
3. E-commerce Websites
4. Community Building Websites
5. Company Websites
6. Online Business Brochure/Catalog
7. Directory Websites e.t.c
There are different ways to build a website but not every website is easy to design. You can use a content management system like WordPress (I have a post on how to use WordPress to build a website). Or code (using programming languages like C# or PHP) your website as developers like me do.
1. Get a jotter or notebook, the first page write only the link to the website (domain name)
2. The next page should be titled "Homepage" and the navigation links follows (name and link of website pages eg: About, Services, Contact).
The homepage of every website is a central location of various web pages that are all related and can be accessed by clicking a link to navigate to any page of the website. The homepage should show or contain what your website is all about, contact numbers or email addresses and social links if available, a brief description of every page on the website, and describe any relevant information.
3. The third page shows the full content of the next link after "Home" from the navigation of the homepage and should be titled the same as the name of the link.
4. This page shows the full content of the second navigation from the homepage. Continue number 4 for all the navigations on the homepage and note that each page must contain only one navigation content. Footer and header can be included if necessary and is always recommended that a page must contain the header (navigations and logo), the body (the content of the present page), and the footer (social links and other relevant links or information.)
1. Create and rename a folder as the website root folder (it`s recommended you use your domain name as the website folder name to avoid distractions).
3. Create empty .html documents with notepad++ or your compiler and rename each of them to the number of navigations you have in your header. Then create a general .css file rename as site.css. Also, a .js file, rename as site.js The CSS files will contain all layouts structures code for your webpages (each .html file in the folder). And JS will contain all codes that deal with the interactivity of the website to users. The HTML files contain HTML language codes (codes the browser reads).
Whether you`re building your website with PHP, ASP, JSP, these steps must be followed except you`re using a content management system like WordPress, everything will be done automatically for you.
Comment below and tell the world
If you have a story you want to share to the world, send it to [email protected], whatsapp (+2348091191550) or click here
We aim to make authors, writers and speakers popular, create more audience
with their products on any category like lifestyle, ICT, health, motivational, news
and more. Our mission as part of our many unending visions to leave the world better than we've found it, we work hard to provide relevant information,
to make every organisation and individual unique with their content and products.
Powered by Orgboom
Francis is a Web Developer, & CEO mcfaidesigns He can effectively handle software and graphic projects of any scale and complexity. Waiting to meet you!
A mentor to achieve financial freedom via Longrich platform
Godwin Nwaokike communicates the necessity of imbibing Judeo-Christian ethics because they help the human and the society function properly in so far as they can function properly.
Deanna Trahan is a conversion optimization writer, specializing in split testing best practices and cognitive biases.
motivational speaker and fitness enthusiast
Powerful and conscious being. Wonderfully and fearfully made. Down for the love of God. I write with the inspiration of the Holy spirit.
I learn from my experiences and others. Great words motivates...
I'm a copy-writer, content creator and I hate fake friends..
I'm passionate to express my feelings and thought to the world
A successful author of 4 books and digital marketing expert. He's the current CEO and head of the marketing department of Siscomedia Ltd - a digital marketing and Technology firm, a business he started with just N300 in 2005...
Anne Joseph is a passionate social media writer and working at bouxtie. She has strong strategy skills in developing and managing social media campaigns. She loves to make new connections and enjoy the opportunity to work with social media influencers.
I'm a Content Creator, fun to be with, and love making good friends. I love good food and good movies. Waiting to meet you.
I am a strong woman but once in a while I need someone who will tell me that it will be fine.
A Skilled Blogger and Graphic Designer
I am Ken, a creative writer, specialized in poetry, a regular guy and down to earth simple
Zealous to impact knowledge health wise.
?A Conscious Mystery! ?An unusual writer! ?A Learning Medic! ?God's favorite!
I am good..
Live in Lagos, student of university of Benin, mechanical engineering, Am a tutor, writer and public speaker, AutoCAD operator and a visionary
No upcoming events yet!
We depend on your support to operate.
Help us create a more trustworthy Internet with good information!