Sexual CrimesSexual crimes have become more rampant than usual and one of the most serious issues in our World today. According to the Indian law. As defined literally, it means that there is a sexual force upon someone without any consent. This victim can be a child, adult, male or female, young or old irrespective.
Sexual assault can be verbal, visual, or anything that forces a person to join in unwanted sexual contact or attention, for women this can include:
- Inappropriate touching
- Vaginal, anal or oral penetration
- Attempted Rape
- Rape( sexual intercourse without consent )
- Child molestationAnd while our society is well aware of female victims, often male victims of sexual assault are forgotten or neglected to shame, stigma, and the likes of it. Some may find it surprising that at least 1 in 6 boys is sexually abused before their 18th birthday. The public and some health care providers may hear the words men and sexual assault and automatically assume that men are the perpetrators.Somehow seeing men as the targets of sexual violence is difficult to comprehend.According to Julie Schwetert Collazo a staggering number of men are victims of violence by females or even malesNowadays, everyone has a reason or another for commiting a crime which the law can consider. But, in all sense is there any true justification for sexual assault of both male and female victims especially child molestation??In my own opinion, I think it`s just a way to humiliate, debase, and hurt their victims; For some rapists, rape becomes a way to compensate for their underlying feelings of inadequacy and feeds their issues of mastery, control, dominance, strength, intimidation, authority and power.
- ADVERTISEMENT -
Following the report of $32 million sexual harassment settlement by top-rated Fox News host Bill O`Reilly, here are other payouts of sexual victims who charged they were sexually harassed:
- Ani Chopourian vs Catholic Healthcare West (2012)
- Ashley Alford vs Aaron`s Rents (2011)
- Gretchen Carlson vs Roger Ailes (2016)Sexual assault is not peculiar to any particular race or socio economic classThe World Health Organization reports that one of every five women is a victim of assaultBut, the regions of the world with the most reported rates of sexual and physical violence are Africa, the Middle east and Southeast AsiaStudies by LASUTH, Show that In Africa, 5 to 15 percentage of the females report a forced or coerced sexual experience. In south Africa, prevalence of rape , from community reports show a figure of 2070 per 100,000 per annum. In Nigeria, cases of sexual assault are increasingly reported. Lagos, like other mega cities predisposes it`s women population to higher risks of sexual violence.The reported incidence of sexual assault in Nigeria, varies depending on study, design and methodology. A study in Ibadan showed that 15% of young females reported forced penetrative sexual experience, while 13.8% prevalence rate was found in female maiduguri students. True incidences are inaccurate and often underestimated since sexual assault are under reported by victims because of associated stigma. Adolescents and toddlers remain the most vulnerable requiring life skill training for protection.Survivors delay in presenting for care. Therefore, public enlightenment on the benefits of early intervention and comprehensive care of survivors with the use of standardized protocols are recommend.
Organizations to contact
- Center of sex offender management
- National crime prevention council
- National sexual violence resource center.Speak upAgainst sexual abuse
Also Read The Value of a Man
Please share this page
Comment below and tell the world
- Title Sexual Crimes
- Category Life & Meaning
- Posted on 2020/12/26 06:54
- By Chigozie Rachael Ibemere
374 Audience Reached
Last Edited 16th January 2021 02:47:49 PM
- View Comment (0)
SERVICE Stella Onye Okwandu ..more
SERVICE Ken Asika ..more
SERVICE KASARACHI FAVOUR ..more
SERVICE nTells I.T Training ..more
SERVICE Okeakpu Grace ..more
SERVICE TINACY's PROGRAMs ..more
SERVICE Asheazi Jatau ..more
What's Your Opinion on Sexual Crimes.. reply
The information provided by nTells, our members or on any external link provided on nTells.Com are for general informational purposes only. All information here are provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information here.
COMPUTER TRAININGEnroll now for nTells ICT Training
How to prepare..
We rely on advertising to provide you with free content!
Please allow cookies in your browser settings for smooth
functioning of the platform.
accordance with your browser settings, and
to help us better understand how you use our website.
By not taking action, or continuing to site, you indicate your agreement.
Support our works on nTells
We depend on your support to operate.
Help us create a more trustworthy Internet with good information!