Coronavirus in humans is the latest in health news, authorities around the world are fighting and struggling with an outbreak of a new coronavirus infection, which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan.
What is Coronavirus
Coronavirus is a type of virus that belongs to a large family of viruses, some of which cause the common cold, and mostly sicken animals like bats, camels and other animals have evolved into more severe illnesses. New and troubling viruses are usually discovered first in animal hosts. Ebola and flu are examples.
MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV are two types of corona virus that have been known to frequently cause severe symptoms. MERS symptoms usually include cough, fever and shortness of breath which will gradually progress to pneumonia.
This type of coronavirus has never been encountered before Like SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV, this can infection in your nose, sinuses, or upper throat. Most coronaviruses are not dangerous but recently as it "jumped the species barrier" to infect people on a large scale from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).
Brief History of the Coronavirus
According to World Health Organization, Coronaviruses were first identified in the 1960s, but scientists and researchers never knew where the disease came from. They got the name from their crown-like shape. Sometimes, but not often, a coronavirus can infect both animals and humans. Many of those infected either worked or frequently shopped in the Huanan seafood wholesale market in the centre of the Chinese city.
Coronavirus causing illness in Wuhan?
This coronavirus which has sickened thousands and killed more than 70 people in China. China right now is experiencing this coronavirus acting like SARS or severe acute respiratory syndrome.
According to the Disease Control Centers a 2003 outbreak of SARS sickened 8,098 people worldwide, killing 774.
Coronavirus Symptoms, Causes,
Causes and Symptoms of Coronavirus
Only two other human coronaviruses, besides the one in the most recent outbreak are known to frequently cause severe symptoms SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV (Middle East respiratory syndrome).
The coronavirus symptoms are similar to other upper respiratory infection. Which I listed out below.
There`s still a lot about the virus we don`t know, its symptoms and how easily it can spreads. Even though the CDC addressed that its risk to Americans is low, the impact of this coronavirus in China is still a treat to the word.
CORONAVIRUS INFECTION CAUSES TO THE BODY
- It causes pneumonia.
- This shows signs of coughs, fever and breathing difficulties.
- It can lead to organ failure.
- Because it`s a viral pneumonia, antibiotics are useless in this case. The hospital can only give support for a patient`s lungs and other organs as well as fluids. Recovery will depend on the strength of the patient`s immune system.
SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUSES
- Fever - You may not know if it`s coronavirus or a different cold-causing virus, such as rhinovirus
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
- Pneumonia - If coronavirus infection spreads to the lower respiratory tract -your windpipe and your lungs, it can cause pneumonia, especially in people with weakened immune systems.
- Common cold and upper-respiratory tract illnesses
If you notice any of these symptoms, you could go for lab tests, including blood work, throat and nose cultures to find out whether your cold is caused by coronavirus. Like cold, the virus spreads from one infected person to another through the air, personal contact or surfaces with the virus on it.
PREVENTIVE MEASURES FOR YOURSELF AGAINST CORONAVIRUS INFECTION
Currently no vaccine is available for protection against human coronavirus infection. Therefore to reduce the risk of infection, to protect yourself from coronavirus, please do the following always:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water especially before touching eatable items.
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Try not to always touch your mouth, nose, or eyes with a dirty hand.
PROTECTIVE MEASURES FOR OTHERS
If you have any of the symptom mentioned above, you can help protect others by doing the following always:
- Always stay indoor if you`re sick
- Try to avoid close contact with other people
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
- Whenever you sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue, throw the tissue away, and wash your hands properly
Since there is no specific treatment for this virus infection (coronavirus), these are list of some things to do to feel relieved from the symptoms.
- Use a room humidifier to take a hot shower to help ease the cough or sore throat
- Rest very well and drink enough water.
- Get a pain and fever medications (please do not give Aspirin to children)
- See your medical healthcare if you`re concerned about your symtoms.
- Always pray and remember that some people with common human coronavirus illness recovered on their own.
Please share this page
Comment below and tell the world
If you have a story you want to share to the world, send it to [email protected], whatsapp (+2348091191550) or